J-5 Rogers Family

6.28.2008

Weekend

Jaydon's speech class went well yesterday. His speech teacher TOTALLY loves Jaydon. I can just tell. A lot of the children that go to speech have more than just speech problems, (Downs, MS, Severe Autism, gagging disorders) so I know that sometimes it's a relief to see a child with only language delays. NOT to say that she doesn't love them all the same, but I love the way she interacts with my son.
We are now working on past tense. Jaydon doesn't know how to talk in past or future tenses - everything is present tense for him. It should be interesting to see how this goes.
I just observe a lot, and she (Ms. Randi - the teacher) has commented more than once that she can tell I work with him at home, and that she loves the way I correct him when he has made a speech or language error. It's a good feeling to know that we are doing something right.
It's funny because Jaydon has to be taught EVERYTHING with regards to language. If there isn't a concrete answer, Jaydon doesn't know. This child can spell anything, he can solve math problems, he can read a lot, and he has the brains of a 10 year old. One day your language will be perfect too, buddy...I know it. We see improvement daily!

We were supposed to go to the water park with Jaydon today, but we didn't...
Jeremy and I woke up with the same thing that Jaydon has had for 2 weeks - bronchitis, and just icky congestion. Jaydon isn't 100% better either, so we decided to stay home. (Although Jaydon has been acting like nothing is wrong with him for 2 weeks.)
My son is SO understanding sometimes. I told him that we were sick and we would have to stay home from the water park and he says, "Mommy, do you need to go to the doctor and get medicine to make you feel better?" This is all while patting my back and with eyes that just melt my heart. It totally crushed me because I just told him we couldn't go somewhere - somewhere that he has been wanting to go for weeks - and he's concerned about my well-being. Sweet little man that we have raised!


I went to the grocery store early. I was tired of Wal-Mart and went to Tom Thumb like at 8:30AM. The closest one is in N.R.H - about 10 miles away. Tom Thumb is SO nice. We went there a lot growing up because it was the closest grocery store to our house in Bedford. After not going there for about 10 years, (not frequently anyway) you just forget how great it is. Everything is fresh, (bread & produce) it is SUPER clean, the employees are happy to be working, and they have a great selection. Are their prices higher? Sure...but surprisingly, not by much. I did a lot of comparing today, and I can honestly say that as long as you use your "Tom Thumb card", you aren't paying too much more than any other store. They seemed to have lots of specials. That's the difference between Wal-Mart and other stores. Wal-Mart is just CHEAP...Tom Thumb, for example, puts things on sale. Wal-Mart doesn't have to.
I wanted to get Jacoby a different variety of baby food. I was tired of the same 'ole Gerber variety from Wal-Mart. I bought him all Organic foods today, and they had a HUGE variety. I know he's only 5 months old, (almost 6!) but I put myself in his shoes and I wouldn't like to eat the same stuff EVERY single day. He got summer veggies, potatoes, peas with brown rice, green beans, mango fruit, plums, peach with oatmeal, carrots, winter squash, and SO much more....just lots of different stuff.

Then this evening, we went to Aunt Pam's house for Jeremy's Mom's (Grandma's) birthday. No swimming there, either. It was lightning and thundering like crazy, and then it finally rained. So the outdoor festivities moved inside. Jacoby had been awake since 4:15 so I knew he would be ready for bed by 8:00. At 7:55, I went to lay him down, and at 9:00, I was still in the room with him. I sat in a chair while he was on the bed. I didn't want him falling off the bed, but I also didn't want him to know I was there. (We left the play pen at my Mom's house on Thursday and even though Pam's isn't too far from there, we didn't want to be bothered with going to get it in the rain.)
Anyway, I spent over an hour in the room with no success. He did NOT want to go to sleep, and he cried for about 30 minutes. So we left sometime after 9:00 and of course, not 3 seconds after the car gets turned on, the inevitable happens. Yes, he freakin' falls asleep! Go figure!
I didn't even eat there because Jeremy said that the burgers were burnt to a crisp, so I just made a late night McDonald's run. I hadn't eaten since 12:30, (lunch) and my stomach was eating itself.

Tomorrow, we'll take Jaydon to CiCi's Pizza for lunch. We did promise him that today too, and we told him that we would FOR SURE take him tomorrow. He won't let us forget.
Then Jeremy will mow when we get home - if the lawn is dry. I will do laundry and that will be our weekend.

Oh ya! So some random man left a comment on my last blog entry...a little weirded out about that. It's fine though because it's a nice comment, but I don't know him. Not sure if it's a real picture of him, but whatever. I'm not going to get too worried about it.

Nothing else to share, I think it's bed time for me.

Sleep tight!

2 Comments:

Blogger The York Family Blog said...

Get to feelin' better! That was kind of an odd comment and pic. Weird.

June 28, 2008 at 11:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just love the pictures you posted and would love a copy of the picture of Jacoby in the red striped shirt please!
Tell Jeremy it isn't nice to lie....there were 2 hamburgers that were burned to a crisp because everyone kept requesting well done so Terry cooked well done (2)hamburgers but the rest were pretty good. I had leftover
burgers that I thoroughly enjoyed
as left overs on Sunday. We even had hot dogs leftover. Oh well next time we will send a doggie bag with you. Besides you didn't miss much it was the typical family party.
It must be exciting that Jaydon is doing so well in speech classes and another great thing is that you love the teacher! I'm so glad that you all decided to take him to these classes. I have a freind whose daughter didn't speak or utter a word and amazingly after the speech classes this little girl can't be stopped now.
Well the boys and you and Jeremy too looked great on Saturday I just wisehd I would have had more time to spend with you guys. Maybe we should have just you 4 over and cook out (and not burned burgers) and swim so that we can visit and get caught up with you
and Jeremy and play with the boys. Remember you have a key to the house so you all are always more than welcome to go swimming anytime, just lock the dogs up in the laundry room and there are plenty of drinks in the fridge in the garage.
Love you all, Aunt Pam:)

July 3, 2008 at 11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home