J-5 Rogers Family

6.13.2008

Funny Phone Calls

Well blogging world, I am blogging...I know, finally. I promised in my blog on Sunday that I would blog at least once this week, so at least I kept that promise, right?

It's Friday the 13th, and I haven't been anywhere today. I'm spending the day at home with my boys and catching up on chores. I have read to Jaydon a lot which is good. Today was "Zoo Day" at the library. I am not a huge fan of the whole petting zoo thing, so we passed on it. I go back and forth about it and I guess I just wasn't in the mood today. Jaydon says, "Mommy, we don't go to the library today, okay?" So that solved everything! :)

I worked on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. My days go by pretty quickly which just means that I'm busy...and I love it. I hate it when the days drag, and that usually happens during the latter part of the day, sometime between 2-5. I am liking what I do though which is a plus.
I had something funny (odd) happen earlier in the week... I had scheduled an appointment for a man on Monday. His A/C was working, there was just a SMALL leak, and he wanted his semi-annual service check. We were to come out on Tuesday in the AM. An AM time slot is from 8-12. We usually give 4 hour windows, and then we give a 30 or 60 minute courtesy call, to let the customer know that we are on our way out, and about what time to expect us. So even though it's a large window, the courtesy call is helpful because if you are out, you have plenty of time to get home. You don't have to sit and wait all day. So I scheduled the appointment for Tuesday in the AM, and the guy asked if it would be early. I gave him the spill and told him that we would call before getting there. So later on in the day, I had another man call that needed freon. He said that the ONLY way he would use us is if we could be there FIRST thing in the AM - if we would make him our first call. So rather than lose him, I made him the first call, and then made the other family the second call. After talking to our service guy, he said that if it was JUST freon, then it wouldn't take long. Both of these calls were about 3 miles from each other. Perfect! So Tuesday morning rolls around and our guy is out at his first call. He arrives promptly at 8:00 AM, adds freon and is done at 8:45. Well who should call me at 8:40? The wife of the man from the other AM call. I answer the phone and she says, "You were SUPPOSED to be at my house at 8:00 AM. Where are you? Why hasn't anybody called?" I said, "Mrs. O......, we had someone scheduled ahead of you." She says, "What do you mean ahead of me? I was scheduled first this morning. Why aren't you here?" I said, "Mrs. O......, there was an emergency call this morning. We had to get out to them. They paid our emergency rates and it was important that we get there. I explained to your husband yesterday that our time slots are 4-hour windows. Let me call our service guy to see where he is at and I will get back to you." (Forgive me for stretching the truth a bit - it wasn't an emergency ahead of her, but I didn't know what else to say.) So she says, "What do I have to do then? Lie and say that I have an emergency too? This is NOT right. This is ridiculous. I need to know EXACTLY what time you will be here. I have to leave to pick my son up at 11 - no, before 11. I can't wait around all day long." So again, I tell her that I will call her back within a few minutes after I talk to the service guy that is scheduled to come out to her house. So I call Mark, the service guy, and he says that he has JUST finished at the first house (thank God!) and that he is headed to her house. I warn him about my "white lie" to her, and he just laughs and says that it's nothing out of the ordinary. So I call her back and she is still not satisfied. I tell her that he is just a few blocks away and will arrive shortly. He arrives at 9:00 AM - STILL WELL IN THE AM TIME SLOT THAT I HAD TOLD HER HUSBAND ABOUT, RIGHT? That's that, I've done my job.
The phone rings around 9:10 and I see on caller ID that it's her. I ALMOST don't pick up, but I don't want to get fired on my 2nd week. So I answer the phone and do you want to know what she says? "Jessica, I just called to apologize for screaming at you. I had no right to do that. I shouldn't have done that - I don't know what came across me." I said, "Mrs. O......, you don't have to apologize - I accept your apology - but it's not necessary. We all have our bad days and it's really okay. I see that Mark is there." She says, "Yes, he's here and he's doing a fine job. I just want to thank you for arriving as early as you did." WOW - was that nice or what?!?! I have worked in Customer Service for MANY years, and I think that is the FIRST time I have EVER received an apology. I'm still in shock over it, but very thankful.
Come to find out, I'm not the only one who has "stretched the truth" a bit. According to my boss & his wife, people always think that they are the most important no matter what you tell them. I was told that they have said that they were at nursing homes fixing air conditioners, day cares, and any other "heart-string tugging" places you can think of. So I didn't feel nearly as bad for having said what I did. :)

So compare that story to the next one...
My previous job was as a Business Analyst/Project Coordinator. I also worked at the same company as the Supervisor of a call center. We were a 3rd party bill payment processing company. Our largest client was metroPCS. Just a brief history on metro customers...most of the metro phone carriers...well, they are NOT the most educated or highest of classes. These phones are what are known as "throw away phones." Basically, you can get a deal with metroPCS-no contracts, no credit check. ANYBODY can get one. With that being said... I was on the phone one night on an escalated call. The woman on the phone was mad that her phone had gotten disconnected. Our company did not disconnect the phones, we were only responsible for processing the payment. The rest was in metroPCS' hands. I was trying to explain this to the woman. She was NOT having it. She called me EVERY name in the book, used every expletive in the ghetto dictionary, and wouldn't listen. I finally said, "Mam, I would really appreciate it if you stopped cursing. I'm a Christian woman and I don't like hearing those words. I AM TRYING TO HELP YOU!" Ya know what she said, "F**k you, you Christian heifer!" ...and she hangs up on me. Needless to say, I did NOT get an apology phone call for that. I still LMAO (Laugh My A&& Off) just thinking about that. Stupid people!

That's it from here. Lazy Race tomorrow - can't wait! I will write all about it either tomorrow night, or on Sunday.
Have a GREAT weekend!


PS: Enjoy the Jacoby pictures below. I took them yesterday - it's just Coby on our bed. The flash is starting to annoy him because when I try to take a picture, he shuts his eyes and turns his head. Poor thing. A couple of times, he shut his eyes, and then he opened them and started laughing, so I'm not so sure if I feel sorry for him, or if he is playing a game with me! He is getting so big though!


LOVE the face here...so natural!



Still lookin' at ya, Mom...


You are starting to piss me off...

GOT IT...Maybe if I smile, she'll call it quits...

SWEET - it worked!


1 Comments:

Blogger The York Family Blog said...

Too funny! Andi and I have TONS of those stories. People are funny. Love the pics.

June 13, 2008 at 10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home