J-5 Rogers Family

7.09.2008

Oh, Jaydon...

Today was Jacoby's 6-month check-up...
He "officially" weighed in at 17lbs. 8oz. and he was 27¼ inches long. He is in the 50th percentile for weight, and the 75th percentile for length. (I measured him at 26.5 inches last Wednesday, so he either grew a lot in one week, or I was off by a bit.) He is doing perfectly!
I was surprised that he was longer than he was big. That's okay though, I don't want my children to be short like my husband and me - especially since they are boys. I just hope they continue to grow!

Jaydon came with us to the appointment, and after the nurse did the vitals, weight, etc., we waited for the doctor. He came in with a nurse practitioner student. She introduced herself as "Stormy". (Yes, quite the "stripper" name, huh?)
Anyway, Jaydon looks at me, then looks at her and says, "Your name is Stormy? Is that a she name?" (Meaning - is that a girl name?) I said, "Jaydon, that's enough!" She says, "It's okay, I took a job with children for a reason. Let him speak his mind." She turns to Jaydon and says, "Yes honey, my name is Stormy." He says, "WOW - like a thunderstorm with raindrops? Do you get cloudy, too?" I didn't know if to die of embarrassment, or break down with laughter.
Thank goodness she was so nice about it!
Sometimes, it's hard to get onto Jaydon (although I really did try) because he was silent for so many years, and it's nice to hear him talk - especially when it's funny!

We will officially be moving Jacoby's mattress in his crib down to the bottom rung this evening. He is getting up on all fours all of the time now, and I don't like how high up he is when he does that. Call me paranoid, but I feel like if he moves, he will fall out. Better to be safe than sorry though, right?
I HATE crib mattresses! They are SUCH a pain. My friend Julie and I were talking about crib sheets, and I told her that I bought a bunch of LONG receiving blankets, and I wrap them around the top ¼ of his mattress. Then I change them out every 2-3 days so that I don't have to change the sheets out. Even though Jacoby moves around a lot, for the most part, he falls asleep where the receiving blanket is. So if he drools or makes a mess, it's easy to change out. I HATE changing the sheets and now with the mattress getting moved down even further, I refuse to do it. (Especially with a belly getting in the way soon!) I have only washed his sheets two times now in the 6 months he's been around. I know that sounds gross, but if you are a mother, you understand. PLUS - I am changing that receiving blanket a lot anyway. You all know how anal I am and I would never allow my children to live in filth! :)

The Bachelorette is over, and I'm SO bummed that she picked Jesse. ABC did a GREAT job of editing - that's for sure! They made it look like Jason would win, and he didn't. Jason is SUCH a catch! I hope that he finds love, and I hope that he doesn't do it on TV. I don't want him becoming the next Bachelor. I really think he needs to find a good woman without the cameras and without the Hollywood lights. He's a definite keeper!
I am watching America's Got Talent. It's AMAZING to me some of the talents on there. It's so entertaining! There have been a few singers so far that would have knocked some of the American Idols out of the park! I think it's great that there isn't an age limit like on Idol. It should be an interesting season for sure!

I'm a little bummed at the lack of comments on my blog. I have gotten 6 comments in the past week. How do I have 150+ hits and only 6 comments? It makes me a bit sad...
Thank you to the consistent people who always comment! :)

That's it from here...

2 Comments:

Blogger Andi said...

Oh Jaydon, you gotta love him! I could practically see his little wheels turning.

My goodness...you're on the bottom rung of the bed already? We haven't even moved Addy's yet, she's still at the top! We're in no danger of her coming out of that thing. She doesn't get on all fours or move around much.

Oh...our growing babies!

July 9, 2008 at 9:03 PM  
Blogger The York Family Blog said...

She's hormonal people and can cry on a moments notice....comment..done. ha
Love the Jayden story. Kids crack me up daily.
I am just too excited about Big Brother starting. Not into those shows you mentioned though. ha

July 11, 2008 at 4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home