J-5 Rogers Family

2.10.2009

Jacoby's First Birthday Celebration & Much More...


We finally celebrated Jacoby's first birthday this past Saturday. His real birthday was January 2nd, but that was too close to the holidays and I was almost due with Jilian, so we didn't want to plan a party on top of everything else that was going on.
Jacoby was really cute during the party. That boy can eat! He LOVES ALL table food and naturally dug right into his smash cake. His birthday gifts were all SUPER cute, and I am forever grateful to all of my family and friends for everything they got him. Y'all rock!
Ameet took some great pictures for us - thanks, Ameet! (See above {Isn't that SO cool?} and below. Blogger is acting all funky so I can't add comments to my pictures, but I really love them!)
We ended up renting a jump house for the kids which was wonderful. It kept them outside for the majority of the party. Overall, I think the party was a success.
We hope you enjoyed your birthday, Jacoby!

I know that I have fallen off the blogging wagon and I hate myself for it. Currently, life is just getting in the way and not having a computer during the day doesn't help things any.

Our little Jilian is changing daily. Her eyes are still blue, and I cannot get over that. Jaydon had light eyes, but they turned brown right away. Jacoby had grayish/hazel eyes that turned brown after about a month or so. Jilian's are blue which is SO weird to us. I always wanted a child with jet black hair, fair skin, and light eyes, so we shall see what she looks like in the weeks to come. I know she'll end up with caca (brown) eyes like the rest of us, but I can wish, right?
She is only waking up once at night, but when she wakes up, I cannot get back to sleep. UGH! On our home scale, she weighed 8lbs. - 4oz., so she has gained right at 2lbs. in just 3 weeks...amazing how quickly they grow!
I took her in for an ultrasound on Monday and haven't heard back from the imaging center yet. We are trying to see if she has acid reflux. She has projectile vomited quite a few times. The doctor said she wouldn't be gaining weight if she had any "issues", but I'm her mother and I know best. Enough said! :)

Jacoby is doing well. I hardly get to see him since he's been going to Aba's house every day. I miss the little devil.
Next week, he'll start staying home with me. I just wanted one week to get into a routine with Jilian before having all 3 kids at home. Also, we still haven't gotten a car big enough for our entire family, so I couldn't have all 3 kids at the same time. Good times! Jeremy promised me that he would make it a priority to go SUV shopping this weekend.
Back to Jacoby...he said the word "dog" tonight which was WAY cute. He is starting to repeat tons of sounds. I hope he continues to progress with his speech because all we know is "Jaydon", and we don't want to go there again with those speech issues. I still feel like he's not saying enough though, and it's SO worrisome!
He waves hi & bye non-stop now. I love watching that little guy grow up and do new things!

Jaydon is doing well, too. His teacher has been out all week with the flu, and there have been lots of kids out, too. Jaydon missed Monday due to fever, but he bounced back right away. Thank God for healthy children!
He has made a 100 on every single spelling test this year. We HAVE to sign him up for t-ball this week. Anybody in? We still aren't sure if we are coaching, but Jaydon needs to play. I have been going outside with him every evening (thanks to the GREAT weather!) and playing baseball and swinging on the swing with him. (Yes, my fat a&& fits on the swing, but you should hear the noises the poor swing makes when I swing..creak, creak, creak!) I just feel like I need to spend time alone with Jaydon since so much has changed in his life in the past 2 years. He is a wonderful kiddo.
When I picked him up from school today, he called Jeremy to tell him about his day. (This is a daily ritual.) Jaydon was really tired and not in the mood to talk to his daddy. Jeremy "threatened" him by telling him that if he didn't talk, there would be no Chick Fil-A for a week. So we hang up the phone and Jaydon says, "Mom, Dad said no Chick Fil-A. That's okay - I like Jack-In-The-Box much better anyway." SMARTY PANTS!

Jeremy and I are adjusting well to having three children. I get SO upset thinking that I will never get to hold my own newborn again. I just can't believe that I'm done having children. You wouldn't think that somebody with three kiddos would feel that way, but I guess I was just meant to have lots of children.

We have no plans for Valentine's Day. We are so awful, but that holiday is just a Hallmark thing to us. We are the kind who like to acknowledge each other 365 days per year and don't "need" a holiday to do special things. Is that wrong?
So if you are going out and need a babysitter, we will be here all day long. We will gladly watch anyone's children so you can enjoy an evening with your significant other - really! Just let us know.

That's it from here. I should get to sleep now.

Enjoy the pics, and I'll blog again soon...



















4 Comments:

Blogger Andi said...

Great pics! OMG, I can't believe you're worried about J4's speech, he's saying so many words! You must think Addy is mute! Poor girl still just says "MaMa"!! Good luck SUV shopping! And don't worry, being sad about no more babies is normal, we all get that way. It doesn't mean we need more babies! :-)

February 13, 2009 at 9:24 PM  
Blogger sc32742 said...

I second Andi...I still feel sad about no more babies to hold although why I feel that way I'll never know since Layla is still wearing diapers and I still have to do 100% of everything for Jr. and Layla? It's normal and natural I think. However, we haven't done anything "final" yet so who knows, 2009 may brings us yet another tax deduction! I just did our taxes so deductions are on my mind. BTW, what did you decide for a girl's night out? And we didn't do anything for valentine's day either. Ho hum, it's no big deal to us :-)

February 14, 2009 at 9:35 PM  
Blogger Rae Carol said...

OMG, I love that cake!!! That is so cute. Happy Birthday J4!!! No more kids...i know that is hard to get over...then think about the precious healthy 3 that you have and realize that is the way it should be. Enjoy every minute. soon they will graduate from High School and think they need to go to college and leave you!!

February 16, 2009 at 6:40 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Williams said...

I blog as well...but your blog rocks!

February 18, 2009 at 12:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home