J-5 Rogers Family

5.27.2009

Frisbee

Dear Target,

I am drawn to the selection of items in your Dollar Spot section each and every visit to your store.
Who doesn't love the knick-knacks, and non-seasonal items for just $1? I hate clutter, but I always find myself sifting through the piles of randomness to find the delicious $1 chocolate at the bottom.

At an Easter Egg Hunt last month, my son won a Frisbee that a friend purchased in your Dollar Spot section. The Frisbee had gone into hiding because it was BRIGHT PINK with a flower on the front, (apparently, this friend thinks that EVERYONE - like her family - has only girls) and my boys just weren't into it.

This Frisbee mysteriously made its way back into our hearts just a few days ago as the weather started warming up. My 16-month old loves it! His mother loved it too since it kept the 16-month old entertained for milliseconds on end...until she read the sticker on the back:

PLASTIC FRISBEE FOR DOGS

Okay, fine. So now this friend thinks that everyone likes pink, and that we are dogs. Nice!

Stick with me, it only gets better.
Next to that sticker lies the kicker (and I quote):

NOTICE:
Pet should be supervised while playing with pet toy. Pet toy should be taken away if your pet damages it by either tearing it, ripping the seams open, or if other damage is detected. This is not a toy for children. Do not allow children to play with it.

Let's review...

1. Pet should be supervised while playing with pet toy.
A. Does it really say that? You mean, I can't allow Fido (Duke in my case) to just sit in the back yard and play with a "pet toy"?

2. Pet toy should be taken away if your pet damages it by either tearing it, ripping the seams open, of if damage is detected.
A. Does it really say that? You mean, I can't let Duke continue to gnaw at it until the pieces become so small that we wind up at the vet? Please tell me more!

3. This is not a toy for children.
A. WOW!? I am at a loss here, Target. Last I checked, Fido only had 4 legs and couldn't throw himself a Frisbee to save his life. How is Fido supposed to play with the Frisbee "SUPERVISED", if nobody can throw it to him?

4. Do not allow children to play with it.
A. Gone are the days of children playing with plastic Frisbees!? Are you kidding me? So lets all sit in front of our game stations and press away. Forget about going outside to play Frisbee with Duke in the yard because God forbid the Frisbee attacks!?

To be honest Target, it just makes me curious to know why you would place a notice like this on a PLASTIC FRISBEE? Did someone else's Duke have an accident? Did a child swallow one? This thing is 10'' in diameter. I'm just at a loss!

Did the McDonald's coffee spill a while back make everyone uber paranoid about things? I mean really - coffee is HOT - we didn't need a label to let us know this.
BUT A NOTICE ON A FRISBEE THAT SAYS "DO NOT ALLOW CHILDREN TO PLAY WITH IT"?

First, the world takes away tug-of-war and foot races at Field Day, and now THIS!?

Well Target, I know it sounds like I'm going to tell you that your Dollar Spot section will be off my list of favorites. Au contraire! You have just enlightened me. You have been an inspiration to me tonight. I will now make sure that I never miss an opportunity to shop through your Dollar Spot because the Notice on this Frisbee sure made for a nice blog post.

Thank you!

Sincerely,
Still Baffled About the Whole Frisbee Thing

3 Comments:

Blogger Andi said...

OMG, that cracked me up! That frisbee is for dogs only!?!?! Well, I'm glad that J4 likes it anyway! That should go on the top 10 list of stupidest warning labels!

May 28, 2009 at 11:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lol.... :) J

May 30, 2009 at 9:20 PM  
Blogger Andi said...

I'm still waiting on the blog-a-thon! What happened? Geesh!

June 9, 2009 at 8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home