J-5 Rogers Family

4.30.2009

The Mail

I love checking the mail.

I love singing the Blue's Clue's song as I'm headed out the front door: "Here's the mail it never fails it makes me want to wag my tail - when it comes I want to wail....MMMAAAIIILLL!"
I know - you'll have ME to thank every day from now on when you start singing this song, too. (Insert evil wicked snicker here.)

I love the fact that you never know what is going to be in there when you open that little door. There's that suspense factor that builds just as you are about to open it.

There are some days when it's depressing because you get nothing but junk or bills.
There are some days when it's fun because you get an invitation to a party or a shower or a wedding.
There are some days when your kids get excited because there are things in there for them.

There are some days when you give it "two thumbs up" because there is a check in there for you!
There are some days when you stick your head completely inside the mailbox to make sure you haven't missed something because there is nothing in there.
There are some days when you do the above and then realize that you are the only idiot outside checking your mail on a government holiday.

THEN...

There are some days when you get that special something that makes you all giddy inside. TODAY was one of those days.

I opened the mailbox and found a letter from a sweet little girl who I love dearly. Had I not had my own daughter, she would have been the next best thing.

Jaydon was at the mailbox with me today, and when I showed it to him, he was quite jealous that it was addressed to me and not him.


I took it out of his hands and said, "It's MINE!" and stuck my tongue out at him. (Then threatened him to an inch of his life if he EVER did that to anyone else.)

So here was my special surprise...





Isn't that an AWESOME picture? It came in an envelope addressed to ME!

...and here was the other side - the message from the sender:


Thank you, Ash, for making my day a little brighter...I love you, sweet girl!

As much of a fan as I am of technology and email, NOTHING beats a special surprise in good 'ole snail mail.

What's the most special thing that you have ever received in the mail?

4 Comments:

Blogger Morgan said...

That is so sweet! Dylan and my nephew mail stuff back and forth. She goes out to check it every day and gets so upset that nothing is addressed to her. I have to tell her that the coupons are all hers!

May 1, 2009 at 9:10 AM  
Blogger Andi said...

I'm so glad you loved your mail from Ashleigh. She was determined to make you a drawing and put it in the mail for you! I'll have to remind her that J3 likes to receive mail too! LOL! That's so funny that you stuck your tongue out at him! Hopefully, he does what you say and not what you do! BTW, she loves you too!

May 1, 2009 at 10:46 AM  
Blogger The York Family Blog said...

That is my favorite mail TOO! Ashleigh sends me and Peyton stuff in the mail too. It is a nice sweet surprise, I know. She is a special child, for sure.

May 4, 2009 at 4:39 PM  
Anonymous jgarvey323 said...

aaaah how sweet of Ashleigh

May 7, 2009 at 3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home