J-5 Rogers Family

8.20.2009

Happy 7-Month Birthday!

Such a happy girl!


7-Month Stats:
Weight: 16 lbs. 8 ozs.
Length: 26.5 inches
(Mommy's rough estimations)

Another month has gone by, and you continue to grow and make us so happy!

We have gotten lucky as can be...
Both boys had already had at least one ear infection by 6 months. Jili has yet to even so much as have a slight temperature! We have been really lucky, and also thankful that she is so healthy.

What are you up to this past month?

  • You are now wearing a Size 3 diaper. I finally gave up the Pampers Swaddlers.
  • You sit up easily. You also go from your tummy to the sitting position. A few days ago, when I put you down for your nap, you started crying. When I came in a few minutes later to check on you, you were sitting up rubbing your eyes. That was a first, and it broke my heart to see you there crying. (I also do the "tough love" thing and made sure you were okay, and then just left the room so you could fall asleep.) Evil? ...nah!
  • You are eating really well! You still drink roughly 28 ozs. of formula daily. You are also eating 2 solid meals per day. We will work a 3rd meal into the daily meal plan soon. Meats were our new venture this past week, and you seem to enjoy whatever we give you which is nice.
  • You sleep 12 hours EVERY night, and continue to nap about 3 hours every afternoon. (What lucky parents we are, we know!)
  • You love "talking". You make noise and eye contact with everyone who comes near you after you warm up to them. Your Grandma Rogers says that you'll be talking before you walk which makes us laugh because that sounds like something a girl would do...T.A.L.K. our ears off! :)
  • Your eyes are still that hazel color that we discussed last month. In natural light, they look really green. Inside, they look more honeyish.
  • You have not cut a single tooth which is beyond strange. Your brothers already had teeth (Jaydon more than Jacoby) at this age, and most kids cut their first teeth between 4-7 months. Just another sign that you are meant to be petite because you can't really eat the good stuff without teeth.
  • You LOVE play time with Daddy at night after your brothers are asleep. It melts my heart to watch the two of you together.

That pretty much sums up this month.

Oh wait, I think I forgot one thing...

YOU ARE CRAWLING!
You have taken a few crawling steps in the past week. It isn't much, but you are definitely starting to move. I have a feeling that by next month's post, we'll have a big time mover & shaker on our hands!
(Lord, please help me to remain sane when I have two children getting into everything at the same time!)

Enjoy the pictures...



Trouble 1 & Trouble-2-Be

Ummm....ya, my thoughts exactly!

Cheesey Wheesey!

Matching?

Nah - just COORDINATING, Mom. Duh!

I LOVE this picture of Jilian (7 months) & Ava (8 months)...
They are playing together SO well these days!

3 Comments:

Blogger Andi said...

Cutie pictures! LOVE the one of J3 on the heading! I can't believe J5 is already 7 months old! Unbelievable!

August 24, 2009 at 9:14 AM  
Blogger Morgan said...

I cannot believe how big she is!!! It has gone by so fast.

August 24, 2009 at 9:18 AM  
Blogger sc32742 said...

Wha? Jilian is 7 months old? How and when did this happen? It cannot be so! She's so precious. You are a very blessed mom :-) Mike is trying to convince me to go for #4...he's INSANE. Oh and do you know how he's doing this? By telling me to go ahead and get my IUD out...I think he needs some baby love...we need to come over!

August 24, 2009 at 1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home