J-5 Rogers Family

4.14.2008

Catnapping Fish Fry

I have officially turned my son into a catnapper - the poor thing!
Having an older brother in pre-K and who has activities during the week doesn't make it easy for poor Jacoby to take naps. It seems like everytime he goes into a heavy sleep, it's time to put the poor baby in his car seat to go pick Jaydon up or take him somewhere. I feel SO bad for him. It was easy with just Jaydon because we had nowhere to go.
So you ask - why don't you leave him in his carseat to sleep? Well, I do - sometimes. I just don't like seeing him all crouched up in there when he has a big beautiful crib to stretch out in. He is a tummy sleeper, (He's been holding his head up since he was 2 weeks old, and Jaydon was also a tummy sleeper.) and he doesn't do so well on his back - we tried! It all works itself out by the end of the night and he gets his 10 hours of nighttime sleep, but I still feel bad for the little guy.

An uneventful day ended with a GREAT dinner...
Jeremy's parents came over with some tilapia, wild rice, hush puppies, and I baked a pineapple upside-down cake this afternoon. We used our fish fryer, and it was THE BEST MEAL WE'VE HAD IN AGES! The fish was not too greasy - in fact, you couldn't even feel/see ANY grease on it at all. It was crunchy on the outside, and soft on the inside. The hush puppies were perfect, and the cake was moist and yummy. We stuffed ourselves and enjoyed it very much so. Jaydon even took a bite which made us happy, but then decided he didn't like it. At least he tried it, right?
So you know how it is when people are coming over...you clean up before hand and then ask yourself afterwards why you bothered to clean before they came when you see the mess that's been left. Our kitchen was so messy! It has since been cleaned. I couldn't go to bed and rest properly knowing that it was dirty.

We have a busy day tomorrow, so I should get some rest.

Take my survey below...I'll explain why in the next few days.

Happy sleeping!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home