J-5 Rogers Family

5.09.2008

Muffins with Mommy

...okay, so it was really called "Muffins with Mom", but Jaydon still calls me "Mommy", and I'll take it while I can get it!
We mothers got to the school at 10:00 this morning, and the first thing I hear is, "MOMMY! This chair is for you, please sit down!" Jaydon is smiling from ear-to-ear and he stands behind my chair until I sit down, and then he sits down. I give him a big hug and kiss, and he is SO excited that I'm there. Some kids won't let their mothers kiss them anymore - especially the boys - and I just love that my son hasn't gotten to that point...yet. I cannot imagine not being able to attend something like this with him. All of the mothers were there which was nice that there weren't any kids without mommies there. They had things for us (see pictures below) - a few colored pages, a framed poem with a hand print & picture of them, and some tea. Then the teacher read a story and talked for a bit. We prayed, and then ate muffins and apple juice or Sunny D. It was all set-up very nicely, and I had a good time. It only lasted 45 minutes, but it was just right.
Afterwards, a few of the kids played outside while some of the mothers talked.
I love these times with my son, hence the reason Jacoby went to Aba's. I didn't think it would be fair to have both boys there - this was JAYDON'S time, and he deserved my undivided attention.

Ash was supposed to come over today, but I had to pick Zane up from school and bring him over because his mom is working late. I don't have enough seat belts for more than 3 kids since none of them can sit up front. I felt SO badly, but Andrea said that Ash's cousin, Peyton, was at the house, so she talked her out of coming over to my house. Ashleigh WILL be here on Monday because we promised her that...and I know she was just a little bummed because it took a McDonald's bribe, and the fact that her cousin was at her house helped too. Sorry, sweet girl!

I picked Mark up, picked Zane up, and the kids are here playing. I made chicken fried rice for dinner, and Jeremy & I devoured it. Nothing planned tonight. I'm blogging early because I know both boys (Jaydon & Jacoby) will be sound asleep around 9:00 and hopefully Jeremy & I can catch a movie on the satellite. It seems like we never have time for that anymore and it's nice to just relax together sometimes.

Check out the pictures below...



Jaydon ALWAYS closes his eyes for pictures. Just admire his beautiful, long eyelashes & ignore the fact that his eyes are closed!



This is what he had to say about me...

Another GOOFY Jaydon face - SO typical!

The kids gave Mrs. McKeown a surprise apron with all of their hand prints on it, and they were giving her a "group hug" as she thanked them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home