J-5 Rogers Family

5.06.2008

Call Me a Bad Mother...

...but I was bored to tears tonight at Jaydon's Spring Musical!
They started off with a "prayer" song that the music teacher and middle school choir sang. The poor music teacher was going hoarse, and sounded every bit that way when she was singing. Needless to say, I knew that if I looked over at my husband, or my friend to my right, (cough, cough Andi) that I would start laughing. So I had to sit there and listen to the song while cringing and biting my lip so I wouldn't laugh out loud at the awful singing. Thank goodness they did the pre-K kids first. They were cute, and I loved watching Jaydon participating & singing.
I shouldn't say this, but it's my blog so I'm going to anyway...It makes me mad when they only select a certain few kids to do the "star"/solo parts. It's funny because ALL 8 kids who had a "star" part have parents heavily involved in the PTA, were members of the church, or were teacher's kids. Hmmm...do ya think it's favoritism at its finest!?! At this age, they shouldn't assign parts like that to kids. You should be old enough to try out for a solo part - I think. Maybe it's because my son didn't have one - call me envious, jealous, or whatever, but ALL of the kids could have done something. Sheesh, Jaydon can read for crying out loud and he memorizes EVERYTHING! Jeremy noticed too, and we talked about it when we got home. I guess we don't donate enough money - oh well.
After pre-K, they were going to go through a performance for each grade level followed by the middle school musical. Ummm...it's a school night and you started this at 7:00 PM. I have a 4-month old. At 8:00, they were only at 3rd grade, and we bolted. The Linder's and another family who has a boy just 3 weeks younger than Jacoby also left, so we didn't feel too badly. It would have been at least 9:00 - at least - before they were done. I know I only live 4 minutes from the school, but Jaydon would not have made it until then, and it was boring anyway.
We just went back and watched the video and Jaydon wanted us to keep replaying it. He repeated all of the solo parts on his own. Poor kiddo had them all memorized just like I knew he would. Of course at the end of his performance, he took a bow - TYPICAL "stage" Jaydon. He's such a ham! (Sorry guys, I'm not uploading the video. It takes SO long to do, and I'm getting tired.)

This morning, we got DRENCHED on the way to school. They really need a better process for rain days. You have NO choice but to get soaked - even with an umbrella. The dang parking lot holds water like crazy and with just the slightest rain, you get your shoes entirely wet. You know me and my constant use of flip-flops, so of course, my feet and jeans were soaked. Jaydon was using the umbrella which was fine by me - can't have him getting wet, or he may mess up his GQ hair! :)

The electricity at Mark's school went out today, so they sent the kids home early. I didn't have to pick him up. YIPPEE - that's 2 days in a row! It worked out well because I got to stay home for a bit...and that's rare on Tuesdays. I got all of my laundry done, I vacuumed, dusted, picked up toys, swept, and mopped. I only lack the bathrooms and I can do that sometime tomorrow. I even had time to straighten my hair and put make-up on so I didn't look like a slob at Jaydon's performance.

Nothing else to share - boring post - sorry.
Tomorrow I'll have some cool stuff to share - promise!

Goodnight...

PS: I CANNOT believe that Mario got booted from DWTS! I didn't want him to win anyway, but the little Broadway chick should have been gone! What in the world are people thinking!? Jason Taylor & Cristián better win that thing! I also could not believe that JT was in the bottom two! ARGH!

1 Comments:

Blogger Andi said...

I TOTALLY forgot to mention the awful singing by the Music Teacher in my blog...I almost lost it and I also could not look at you because I glimpsed once and about died laughing. That "worship and praise" went on for the longest 10 minutes of the evening!! Jay and Ash did soo good!

May 7, 2008 at 4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home