J-5 Rogers Family

5.19.2008

Monday

This morning, Jaydon slept in until a little after 8:00. I had every intention of getting to work by 8:ish, but obviously that didn't happen. I wasn't going to wake Jaydon up on his first day of vacation - poor kiddo gets woken up during the school year, and he deserves to sleep in...for a few days anyway. :)
We got to Andi's at 9:15, and I had to feed Jacoby. So I fed him and finally got started working by 9:30. Only a little over an hour behind schedule. I brought donuts and they were very yummy!
Sometime around 11:ish, (I think) Ally, Andi's sister, shows up and she's hungry. She TOTALLY cracked me up because every 3 minutes, she would mutter something under her breath about being hungry and who was buying lunch. She wanted pizza and guess what we ate? PIZZA! It was SO yummy though - the big, greasy slices. I allowed myself 2, and didn't eat the crust. I swore that I would behave with my food intake and I need to stick to my guns. (Yes, I know - I bought freakin' donuts for breakfast. What WAS I thinking?)
Ally...I will be making breakfast burritos in the morning - with eggs, cheese, and the leftover potato casserole from dinner tonight. They are TO DIE FOR! Are ya gonna show up to eat one? There's your invite! Don't say that nobody brings you food!!!

I worked until 1:30, fed Jacoby lunch, and left at 2:00 to pick Mark up. I got home around 4:00 and made potato casserole, green beans, and onion/parsley basted grilled pork chops for dinner. Everything was quite tasty.
OH - AND JESSICA DID NOT HAVE ANY DESSERT TODAY - NONE! SOMEBODY ALERT THE AUTHORITIES!
I keep telling myself that I'm an idiot for not cooking more often. I spent $276 at Wal-Mart this weekend on groceries. Some of that was diapers, wipes, and a few other things, but there is NO reason for us to eat out when I spend that much on groceries!! I have enough food for breakfast, lunch & dinner for 7 days.
So Wal-Mart...
I have finally bought some clothing there! ALL of you who know me know how I am about "cheap" stuff, and Jaydon NEVER, EVER owned ANYTHING from Wal-Mart - not even socks or underwear. ALL of his undergarments were from GAP or Old Navy (most of them still are) and his clothes are always GAP, Old Navy, Children's Place, POLO or Gymboree. (I'm "hoity-doity", but I ALWAYS find sales at the stores I just named - just FYI.) Well let me just say that Wal-Mart's clothing has gotten really cute, and the material is MUCH thicker. They are doing a "cheap" Carter's line, (Child of Mine?) and I have to say that I bought Jacoby 4 outfits for $20 over the weekend. Andi even commented on the one he was wearing today and she thought it was cute. I am NOT a fan of the cartoon characters on clothing or shoes, or too much "junk", and that's what Wal-Mart usually carries. I have been quite impressed for the last few visits though. Now if the clothes hold up, I may be a faithful Wal-Mart buyer. (I have been buying from Target for a few years now. Their clothing feels thicker.)

We (J4) went to see Andi & Brian's new office space in Haslet a little while ago. Brian met us out there. It is going to be pretty nice with a new coat of paint, and new flooring. I'm happy that they found something they like. According to them, the old place was a complete "dump". I can't wait to see it once it's done - since that will hopefully be where I'm working. :)

That's it from here!

Tootles...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhhh...Jessica...I'm in for the burritos. I'm not usually a big breakfast burrito fan, but that sounds yummy! Thanks for thinking of me! Ally

May 19, 2008 at 11:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home