J-5 Rogers Family

4.14.2009

Toddlers & Tiaras or Baby's & Bows

...I'll take the latter!
I can have the glitz and glamour without all of the mama's drama! (Have you watched that show??)

A few weeks ago while I was on my drug of choice - Facebook - I came across a profile which lead me to another profile which lead me to Hairbow H-E-A-V-E-N! (If my blog could talk, that word would have been said in a high-pitched voice with angels playing harps.)

It's a blog called
"Bow 'N Crazy Hair Bows" and let me tell ya...I about bowed over in excitement, and I did go a little crazy.
Okay...I went a LOT crazy and did a jig!
So much craziness occurred that I was officially banned from the Internet that evening by my "trying to get to sleep" (A.K.A - I pretend that all things GIRL bore me so my stay-at-home wife won't spend more money!) husband.

I met the owner of this operation via email - a sweet lady named Kim from Cornhusker Country. (I promised not to hold that against her because she really is THAT darn sweet!) INSERT-Go
Texas Tech here!

I emailed her a picture of Jilian's Easter dress, and a request for a bow to match. She replied with her idea of what she thought would look good. Within the next few days, she replied with the picture of the CUSTOM MADE hair bow. She and I exchanged a few emails and within a week or so, I had in my possession an order of hair bows. Guess what? I did ANOTHER jig to the tune of $30 which included shipping!

Let me tell y'all...
I did some (a lot!) research, (y'all know how I am!) and there are stores out there that are charging upwards to $20 for ONE bow.
I got FIVE hair bows for $30 - and that included the $5 shipping. (Price of bows varies depending mainly on size. Talk to Kim for more details!) These bows are custom made, folks! You send her a picture or give her a color scheme, and she matches it.

She is making bows for a little
boutique in Grapevine too. She's THAT good!

There are ginormous bows, medium-sized bows, teeny-tiny bows, and so much more!

How many times have you wondered what you should buy that little girl in your life that has too many toys, or too many outfits - but no bows to match? HELLO!
She can make sports themed, hoity-doity, prissy, or just simple bows. I guarantee you that nothing is out of her league.

She attaches the hair bows to barrettes so that you can interchange them with different head bands or wear them alone, but I'll bet that she can hot glue them to the actual head band, too. ...all you have to do is ask!

So here is the deal...
Kim is trying to make this a "real" business. She wants to stay home to be with her two lovely children, and this could be her calling...but only if we help!

This is by NO means a plea for anyone to buy anything, this is simply me asking all of my friends and family to pass this on to everyone that they know. If you want to buy something, please do that as well! I promise you won't be upset!

PLEASE pass on the link to her website: http://www.bowincrazyhairbows.blogspot.com/

Take a look through it yourself. At the top right, she has a new slide show going, and you'll find a picture of Ava & Amanda, and then another of Ava alone. I haven't had a chance to send her pictures of Jilian in her bows yet, but I'm sure she will soon be on the slideshow too.

I give her 2 thumbs up, but only because those are the only 2 that I have!

Enjoy the pictures of our sweet baby girl, and the beautiful bows...



Jilian's Entire CollectionJeremy is upset because Jilian has more hair bows than he does underwear and thanks to me, we can't afford diapers this week. KIDDING!

Close-Up of Kim's Work




Work it, baby girl...

Click on the picture below to see Jilian's beautimous eyes, and her newly pierced ears!
(Yes, she came out of my stomach. Yes, her father is Jeremy and yes, we ARE Hispanic. You would never guess that by looking at my white girl with blue eyes and almost red hair. Amanda noticed the hair today.)

Side Note: Amanda and/or I spent DAYS upon DAYS looking for Easter dresses for the girls. We finally found their dresses at Wal-Mart of all places for $10! So after finding the dress - the yellow & white one above - we got matching bows from Kim. This was almost 2 weeks ago. Come Easter Sunday, Jilian's dress didn't fit her. Yep - it was too small already. It took my mom and I both to button that thing. For fashion's sake, she was squeezed into the dress (really to pacify my anger!) and of course the bow. This didn't make her very happy, hence the reason you see the dress above with no Jilian in it. The other 2 outfits will be worn soon as they are just now starting to fit.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kim Harrill said...

You are TOO kind! I appreciate the compliments. Thanks for helping me grow my business so I can stay home with my kiddos!

April 15, 2009 at 8:38 AM  
Blogger sc32742 said...

Lovely hair bows! Alas, neither of my girls will wear such fancy attire. In fact, in a recent trip to Target for sandals Analisa said, "I don't want anything fancy." Ugh, that girl will drive me to drink! I'll pass along the link to others who have babies/girls who will wear fancy stuff.

April 15, 2009 at 9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home