J-5 Rogers Family

7.23.2010

Mini Chimney Sweeps

I went to the laundry room to sort laundry.  I heard the kids laughing and thought nothing of it.  (Noise is good when you have children, right?)
I started the next load.  I folded the towels, and went to put them in the linen closet.
I was in the laundry room a total of 4 minutes - if that.


My first clue that something was wrong:
No big deal.  A few wipes and done.  Perhaps it was dirt from when they were playing outside earlier in the day?  Maybe not - I would have noticed that before coming back inside. 

What could it be though?  What did they get into?  Why are there footprints here?

Then I hear, "Oh Moooooooooom!  Just wait until you see what they did!!!"

I turned the corner and dropped the towels.








Exhibit A:
...yes, I dropped the towels INTO that mess.
(It sounds so cliché but the pictures do not do this mess justice.  They really don't.)

My first thought was: Thank God that they aren't wearing their usual 'cute' attire!  Jilian wears dresses daily.  The Lord was whispering in my ear when He told me what to dress them in that morning.  Phew. 

Let's just say that one week later, it's NOT any better.  Vinegar mix, Resolve, Bissell Steam Cleaner.  It's not coming out.  It's just not.

Guilty or innocent?  The jury is out...
 (Dear Addyson L:  I ♥ you and your 'antics'.  Nothing you have ever done even compares.  This is just one of many 'incidences' here on Round Rock Road.  Will you please move in with me?  I will give your mommy a two-for-one special.  Good price-great deal-promise.  Signed, Aunt Jessica)

So my dream for new flooring might have just become a reality thanks to two 'busy' children.

We have lived in this house for five years, and never used the two-sided fire place.  Ever.  (Don't judge.  It's not our thing.) 
Apparently Obviously, you are supposed to clean the inside after the old owners move out?  Minor detail folks.

Last Saturday was spent scrubbing the tub where I had to bathe these two.  Can you guess what I will be scrubbing the inside of this Saturday?

My house is completely child proofed. 
All detergents & cleaning products are kept at about a 6-foot level behind/above the washer & dryer in the laundry room.  There are unreachable top locks on all doors leading outside, along with door knob covers on every.single.door.  All drawers and cabinets have baby locks, and all electrical outlets have covers.  All Crayons and WASHABLE Markers are stored in sealed boxes in my closet.  All Sharpies are kept up high in the garage.  I thought I had crossed all of my t's, and dotted all of my i's.

Apparently Obviously not.
 
Sometimes, you just can't win.

Would you say that this is one of those times?   


5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! I can't say it enough! OMG! I can't believe they did that! What a horrible mess and I am sooo sorry you have to deal with it! OMG! My only cleaning suggestion (and I don't know if it'll work if the steam cleaner didn't) is to use Oxy Clean with VERY hot water. Or maybe even put the Oxy IN the steam cleaner?!?! I don't know. I read this to Ash and she was scared I would give Addy to you, LOL! Ashleigh says to tell you "Aunt Jessica, I love to see them get dirty!" Helpful, huh?!?! LOL! But I am lol that your VERY 1st thought was about their clothes! I think that's the least of your worries! You are so funny! Love ya! - Andi

July 23, 2010 at 3:07 PM  
Blogger Morgan said...

That is by far the funniest thing I have seen in a long time. I cannot believe that!!! Austin got curious about ours once, but we all yelled at the same time, "NO"...that worked...for now. I am so sorry, but like you said, blessing in disguise...new floors here you come!

July 23, 2010 at 4:39 PM  
Anonymous Tia said...

I know some good tile peeps...

July 24, 2010 at 1:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found your story too funny. I own P.C.C.S. Sweeps in Fort Worth. Future Chimney Sweeps of America!!

If you live in the Fort Worth area let us know well come by and clean your fireplace. Have a great day!!

March 1, 2011 at 3:38 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi there! great stuff, glad to drop by your page and found these very interesting and informative. Thanks for sharing about , keep it up!


chimney sweeps marblehead ma

March 31, 2013 at 9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home