J-5 Rogers Family


Weekend Wrap-Up

This weekend came and went a little too quickly for my liking...
On Saturday, we had a 10:30 AM baseball game. The league decided to change the rules on us last week and let's just say that we "Rogers Coaches" were NOT happy. Originally, we were allowed to have some of the kids do coach pitch and the ones who weren't ready could do tee-ball. Well, they decided that everyone on the team had to do the same - either tee-ball or coach pitch, not both. We have the youngest team in the league with mostly 4½-5½ year olds. This league is made up of 6 year olds...and let's just say that some of these 5 ft. tall 6-year olds are probably NOT 6 years old!
Jeremy and I decided to do coach pitch for all of the team and because of that decision, we now have to hold a few practices to help the kids get ready. Aside from that, they REALLY need help out on the field. They don't understand yet that they don't all have to run for the ball - it's not a competition, it's a team effort. So needless to say, we've got a lot to work on. For only having 7 kids at the game - in a sport that requires 9 to play - we did alright. They always have fun, and that's all that should count at this age.

If you read my little section on the top left, you know that my poor little Nicki is sick. She has been sick for a week and when her mom took her to the doctor on Thursday, he said, "IT'S VIRAL - THERE'S NOTHING WE CAN GIVE - YOU'LL JUST HAVE TO LET IT TAKE ITS COURSE!" That "viral" infection turned into full blown pneumonia and Nicki was admitted to the hospital on Saturday morning and then had surgery on Sunday morning to remove the liquid from her lungs.
The twins had their birthday party planned for Saturday at Putt-Putt, but obviously they didn't have it. I called all of the parents who had RSVP'd and told them about the cancellation, and then I called Putt-Putt and asked them to please allow the Greenwoods to reschedule at no cost - they (Putt-Putt) were REALLY cool so they'll get to have the birthday party at another time. The bad thing is that Nicki has to be at the hospital for about another week and then it will be a 3-week recovery. By that time, school will be out. When all is said and done, her health is most important and so long as she makes it through all of this, that is all that matters.

We ended up taking Jaydon to CiCi's Pizza to make up for not going to the birthday. He's so sweet and said that he understood Nicki was sick, and then asked every 5 minutes, "Is Nicki better yet?"
After CiCi's, we went to Marshall's, Ross and TJMaxx. I found the cutest polo shirt for Jaydon and a matching outfit for Jacoby. I SWORE I would NEVER dress them the same for pictures. Jeremy and I ALWAYS laugh at the people whose families all have on red sweaters in their Christmas pictures and are dressed the same...but even HE said that the matching outfits were too cool to pass up. Now he wants a shirt like theirs too. Ummm...sorry babe, now THAT is too much! :)

After shopping, we went to Mark's (the boy I pick up in the afternoons) football game. He plays for the Colleyville Jaguars and they had a game at Fort Worth Christian. Their team won 32-0 - butt whoopin'! Jaydon was excited to be there and every time the whistle blew he would yell "Touchdown!" It made for some laughs as we tried to explain to him that every whistle didn't signify a touchdown.

Then Sunday....
Okay, let me back track. On Saturday night, I was BEAT!!!!!!!!!! - that's beat with a capital "B" and 10 exclamations! I went to bed (brace yourself Julie!) at 9:45 PM. That's about 2-3 hours before normal. SHOCKING, right? Well, I was bright-eyed & bushy-tailed at 4:42 AM. I cannot sleep more than 6-7 hours - EVER! What is wrong with me? So I got up and spent 3 hours cleaning my house while the boys slept. A great thing to be doing at 4:45 AM, huh?

Then Christina showed up at 10:00 for Jacoby's photo shoot. I was SO impressed with how well the pictures turned out. She sent me a sneak peek of a few of them, and I know that once they have been edited and cropped, they will be just right! Sorry everyone, you'll have to wait 2 weeks until the CD gets made and then I will post them. They are SO cute!!!

After the photo shoot, I went to the hospital to support Cathy while she was in the surgery waiting room. She called and when I asked her what I could do for her, she simply replied, "Please come up here." So I went up there and spent 3½ hours with her. I also got to keep Gannon company and take him to play in the play room so it was good for all.

Then we went to Target and got some groceries. We are usually Wal-Mart grocery shoppers, but Jaydon INSISTED that ONLY Target had the "CARS-KING car" that he wanted and sure enough...they did! So he got his little car and we got our groceries.

I watched DH tonight. That's "Desperate Housewives" for those who aren't in the know. It was better today than last week which was a good thing.

Sorry to make this so long, but that's what I get for waiting 2 days to blog!
Now it's time to catch some zzzz's. Nighty-Night!


Blogger Andi said...

You are such a good friend, Jessica, and we are ALL lucky to know you. You gave the Greenwood's EXACTLY what they needed...your presence and support! I can't wait to see the final photos, I know they'll be awesome! It's starting to hit me how much of a neat freak you are...4:45?!?! WOW, that's impressive! Have a GREAT week!

April 21, 2008 at 3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home